Educational trips not only help children learn better when they are away from their classroom environment, but it can certainly help teachers to a great extent in making great impact on children. Several studies have shown that a simple field trip on a subject can make great impact on children, than several textbooks, demonstrations and pictures in the confinement of a classroom.
That's right, educational trips cater to more than one learning style and it becomes an excellent teaching tool for teachers to make children understand better on a certain subject. Lectures inside the classroom cater to audio learners, who learn best by listening. However, there are visual learners will learn best when they see visuals and this might not exist in a classroom, but is more frequent during an educational trip. Educational trip tap on all kinds of learning, since the teacher can instruct while they are on the trip and cater to students who rely on audio learning, and show visual that make more impact on children who learn with visuals.
Here Are A Few Benefits For Teachers When They Take Their Children For Educational Trips:
• Relaxing - children are more relaxed when they go on a field trip, which means that they are likely to learn better when they are relaxed. Since they not pressurized with competitive classroom setting, they are more open to listening and can grasp better with visuals as well as listening. Hence, a teacher can be certain that children will learn better when they are lectured during an educational trip as they can also rely on visuals.
• Non- monotonous - taking students on a field trip breaks the conventional routine and gives them extended time to relax and pay. As teachers, if you find that your children can no longer take in a boring topic as a lecturer inside a classroom, consider taking them on a relevant field trip, and it is guaranteed that they would learn better.
• New learning - sometimes educational trips tend to help children learn more and newer things than what is generally taught inside a classroom. During educational trip children learn facts that are not included in their textbooks, and this knowledge can further initiate interest in their learning process about a particular topic.
• Manners - although children are taught how to behave with conventional etiquettes in school, they can apply the same and be corrected when they are on a field trip. Teachers get more opportunity to observe each student and how they behave and respond in a social gathering.
• Creating interest - on educational trips teachers can create new interest in their children by giving insights into real-life experiences. This however, cannot be done with pictures inside a textbook, since children love to see and learn.
A perfect place which can be associated with a field trip is SEA LIFE aquarium. This can be an extremely fascinating place for children, as this aquarium houses more than 1000 different species over 2 million liters of water. Unlike conventional aquariums, Sea life gives real-time experience to children by helping them interact with fishes like holding them in their hands, touching a starfish and feeding sharks - of course under the supervision of an expert. Sea Life is a must visit place, as they have all that it needs to engage children and give them a lifetime experience that can create an everlasting impact on their memories.